| ||For an overview of machine gun models in various games, see Machine gun.|
This squad-level support weapon has a bullpup design. The bullpup design makes it difficult to use while lying down. Because of this it was remanded to National Guard units. It, however, earned a reputation as a reliable weapon that packs a lot of punch for its size.”
This weapon is very similar to the Bozar, but is less powerful. It uses the same ammunition type, but does less damage and fires fewer rounds (10 vs the Bozar's 15) per burst. While outclassed later on in the game the light support weapon has many advantages over the Bozar for low-level characters. It is much more practical than the Bozar when dealing with multiple, weaker targets (that the Bozar would be overkill on) as it allows engaging three different enemies per magazine rather than the Bozar's two.
- Claim Jumpers and the people they fight on Redding caravans sometimes carry light support weapons.
- Newt Morton carries one.
- Mai Da Chiang, the owner of Red 888 Guns in San Francisco, will sometimes stock them.
- Buster at the NCR Bazaar will sometimes sell them.
- One may be pick-pocketed from a guard outside of Buster's shop.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Though never named in-game, the LSW is modelled after the L86A1 LSW, originally manufactured as a squad support variant of the SA80 family of small arms used by the British Armed Forces. It was later replaced in this role and is now used as a marksman rifle.
| || |