People been disappearing. Just them that are slow and sickly, for now. 'Course, they don't stop to cook their food like us. They just gnaw it into a few bloody clumps of hair and rags. Least that's all we find in the morning. I've even heard talk that there's some kind of giant rat god that tells 'em all what to do.”— Slim Picket
|Side Quest: Kill the rat god|
|Speak with Slim Picket.|
|Unlock the door near Slim.|
|Go inside Klamath tunnels to level 2.|
|Kill the rat god.|
|Reward: 300 XP, +50 Karma|
The key to the warrens door can be obtained in one of several ways, including:
- Convincing Slim to give it away.
- Steal the key from him.
- Lockpick the door.
- Sleeping with Slim (Females only).
- Looting him of it.
- Feeding the dog near Klamath's town center a piece of meat jerky (he will cough a key up and follow the Chosen One around).
- Bartering for the key (it has a value of 0, so he will accept anything offered.)
Once in the warrens, the Chosen One must battle their way down through the caves until they reach the second sub-floor. Below lies Keeng Ra'at the rat god, the brains behind the invasion. The giant rat has a considerable amount of HP, and will be challenging. If it gets a Critical Hit in the eyes, no matter the damage - it will always be fatal.
- The quest is finished as soon as Keeng Ra'at dies.
- Neither Slim nor the other inhabitants of Trapper Town will fully associate with the Chosen One upon the deserting of the rodent scourge, but Karma is gained nonetheless.
- Brain, another albino rat that resides in Gecko, will remark that he feels the second last of his kin has passed away. He will not seek vengeance however, as he knows his brother was mad.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
When the quest is completed and the Chosen One talks to Slim afterwards, he will state how they are a regular "Pied Piper". In accordance to the goal of this quest, the 'Pied Piper' is a mythical character said to have removed an infestation of rats from the town of Hamelin during the Middle Ages.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|