|This page contains the Nukapedia's image and video policy. It describes rules for images and videos which are uploaded to the wiki.|
- Images and videos are subject to the general content criteria. In addition, there are some specific rules for this type of content outlined below.
- Images should be of good quality.
- Images should never include parts of the UI (HUD, crosshair) unless the point of the given image is to illustrate the UI itself.
- Images should have a descriptive name.
Videos may only be used in articles if they illustrate issues which cannot be expressed by written text at all or only with difficulty. Examples for acceptable videos are game trailers or a video illustrating how to find an item which is in a hard-to-find location.
Music players placed on articles and user talk pages (YouTube player, etc.) should not be set to automatic play upon page load. Autoplay is unregulated on your user page.
Wikia/Fandom featured video
The following accord has been reached with Wikia Inc (T/a Fandom) and the Nukapedia community regarding the "Featured Video" platform.
- There is a Moritorium on any Wikia/Fandom made video being added for 6 months (From 22 Sept 2017)
- We will create a video policy for articles in line with current article guidelines. This will include appointment of a 3 member “Video Board” to advise on application of the guidelines, and provide post production scrutiny.
- After 6 months if Wikia/Fandom can demonstrate a test video which upholds our strictest guidelines the community will be asked to vote on whether allowing Wikia/Fandom to post further video without pre-consent should be permitted. We’ll also debate including use of the Nukapedia Branding.
- If pre-consent is not given, these videos may be submitted to the video board for pre-posting approval, in line with the process for community made video that will be created.
- In the meantime if our community teams produce a video that meets those guidelines the video board submit it to Wikia/Fandom for inclusion on articles through the platform.
- We would recommend to community teams their target list should be the top 10 most visited pages.
- If pre-consent is given Wikia/Fandom will advise the Video board where/when they input video, so that they can be reviewed after posting. The Video board may insist on revision, removal pending these revisions, or where a video cannot be revised such that it can meet our guidelines, permanent removal.
- Persistent violations of policy will see Wikia’s/Fandom’s permission to post further video (and use of the Nukapedia branding) suspended until such time as the confidence of the community in these videos can be re-established.